Sunday, July 12, 2009

Daily Update for July 12th

I've missed some daily updates; my ISP had been quite convinced that Blogger was not a real website. It seems better now, so I should be updating daily again.

At mithro's suggestion the parser returns a new protocol each time it's called rather than putting the definition in the objects module; thus multiple protocols can be used at once. I've also encapsulated the parser into a class, in response to some superstition about global variables or something, but this at least makes the parser threadsafe.

mithro has also informed me that the header that was previously in use doesn't work with TP04 because of the header format has changed to a major/minor version scheme. The minor version (the "Frame Type Version") isn't in protocol.xml, so implementing this is mostly waiting on thinking of a good answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment